The Kerberos Network Authentication System
This site collects references to information about the system
described. It is not an authoritave source.
Without knowledge of the identity of an individual requesting an
operation, it is often difficult to decide whether the operation
should be allowed. Traditional authentication methods are not suitable
for use in computer networks where attackers can monitor network
traffic and intercept passwords. The use of strong authentication
methods that do not disclose passwords is imperative. The Kerberos
authentication system supports strong authentication on such networks.
|Key Papers and best academic references||
|Specifications, Standards, and Design documents||
- C. Neuman, T. Yu, S. Hartman, K. Raeburn, RFC 4120: The Kerberos Network Authentication Service, July 2005.
- K. Raeburn, RFC 3961: Encryption and Checksum Specification for Kerberos 5, February 2005.
- K. Raeburn, RFC 3962: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Encryption for Kerberos 5, February 2005.
- L. Zhu, K. Jaganathan, S. Hartman, RFC 4121: The Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service Application Program Inerface (GSS-API) Mechanism: Version 2, July 2005.
- Clifford Neuman
- Steve Miller
- Jerry Saltzer
- Jeff Schiller
- Jennifer Steiner
- John Kohl
- Theodore T'so
- Tom Yu
- Ken Raeburn
- Sam Hartmann
- and many others
|Project Mailing Lists||
|Books With Discussions of Project||
- MIT Project Athena: A Model for Distributed Campus Computing (Hardcover),
by George A. Champine. June 1991, Digital Press.
|Related or Similar Projects or Systems||
|Other Useful Documents or References (useful as prior art)||
- J. G. Steiner, B. Clifford Neuman, and J.I. Schiller. Kerberos: An
Authentication Service for Open Network Systems. In
Proceedings of the Winter 1988 Usenix Conference.
February, 1988. (Version 4)
- J. Kohl and C. Neuman, RFC 1510: The Kerberos Network Authentication Service, September 1993.
Digital Stream DTX-9950
Corrections are requested
and may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to sysproject.info